Confidentiality and data processing policy
I. What personal data may we need to process?
A) The information you submit to us:
When you place orders on our Site, create your customer account, contact us or subscribe to our newsletter and other marketing activities, we generally collect and process the following data:
- Your identification data and contact details: your first name, last name, language and country from which you interact with us, as well as your contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address, delivery address and telephone number;
- Information on your payments and purchases: your bank details (please note that all payment transactions are encrypted by the receiving bank, we do not keep any card numbers), information on your purchases, orders, returns, etc..;
- Connection, geolocation and navigation data (if you use the "find a shop" service for example);
- Your profile - if you open a customer account, you create a profile and identify yourself when you visit our Site, data will be saved such as your customer ID and password, your recent purchases or your preferences;
- Your personal preferences: this includes your wish list, marketing and cookie preferences;
- Additional Personal Information - You may also provide us with other personal information such as your date of birth, gender,... We are the only ones who collect and store this additional information, we use it in our analyses to improve our services.
When we ask you to enter your personal data to access a feature, some data are mandatory fields since they are data that we need to allow you to access this feature (for example, to deliver a package to you we need your postal address).
It is important that the personal information shared about you is correct and up to date. Please inform us of any changes in information.
We do not store any sensitive personal information of any kind, so our Website is not intended for children and we do not store any data relating to minors under 16 years of age.
B) Data obtained via cookies
- Usage Data - this information includes the products and services you have purchased from us and how you use our Site and applications;
- Technical data - this information includes:
- Your IP address, your search engine and its version, your location and time zone, your browser extension, the operating system and platform, but also other technical data about the device you use to navigate our Site;
- Information about your visit, including URLs and click paths, to and from our Site (including date and time); the products you have viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, time spent on pages, page interaction (such as clicks and cursor movements), how you leave pages.
You can exercise your rights with regard to cookies under the conditions detailed in Article IV C) "Cookies".
II. Why do we use your personal data?
Depending on the type of data we have about you, we may process it for the following purposes:
- To manage your registration as a user of our Site: if you wish to use our services, we need to process your data to identify you as a user of the Site and allow you to access the various features and personalized services. You can delete your account at any time by contacting us;
- To execute a purchase contract with you: your data is then used to keep you informed of the status of your order, prepare your order, accept your payment, give you access to after-sales service, and have your order refunded. They also allow us to prevent possible fraud against you and against us during the purchase. If we consider the action to be fraudulent, this processing may allow us to block the transaction;
- To answer customer service requests and to manage after-sales service following a sale via our website or through one of our distributors;
- For the improvement of our services: by using our Site, you are informed that we process your browsing and purchase data for analysis and statistics purposes. They allow us to better understand how you use our Site in order to improve its ergonomics and the quality of its services;
- For marketing purposes: if you subscribe to our Newsletter, we process your data to manage your subscription and send you targeted information via email, mail or SMS according to the preferences you have given us. We may also contact you via push notifications if you have subscribed to this service. We need your consent for all direct marketing. You can also unsubscribe from our communications at any time (for example, to unsubscribe from the newsletter, simply click on the button "To unsubscribe, go to this page. "at the bottom of all our newsletters and to validate your unsubscription).
In the event that you have given us your consent to receive direct marketing content, whether via our newsletter or push notification, we may use the information you have provided to us for the following purposes:
- Sharing information on our current events, products, services, offers;
- Recommendations on certain products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Customer research to better understand your expectations regarding our products and services offered by our Site.
III. Third parties
As part of your use of our Site, you may receive information from third parties with whom we work to provide you with certain services necessary to process your orders or to send you the newsletters you have subscribed to from Lancel. It may be a question of:
- Financial institutions;
- Fraud detection and prevention entities;
- Logistics, transport and delivery services;
- Service providers related to marketing and advertising.
In particular, these third parties are involved for the following reasons:
- Payment services to process the payment;
- Delivery companies to deliver your order;
- Credit agencies and fraud prevention to verify your credit and identity;
- Analysis software that allows us to process your information in order to optimize your purchase experience on our Site
We ask third parties to undertake to respect the security of your personal information in accordance with the Applicable Regulations. Third parties may only use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and not for their own use.
IV. What are your rights?
A) Applicable Regulations
Lancel is committed to processing your personal data, protecting them and guaranteeing the effectiveness of your rights in accordance with the Applicable Regulations, in particular Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms, amended by Law No. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004 and Law No. 2018-493 of 20 June 2018 ("Data Processing and Freedoms Law"), Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data ("DGPS") and Directive 2002/58 of 12 July 2002 as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC ("ePrivacy Directive"), and any national implementing legislation or subsequent successor text thereto ("Applicable Regulation").
The terms "personal data" or "personal data", "treatment/processing", "controller", "consent" have the meaning set out in Article 4 of the DGPS.
In accordance with the Applicable Regulations, the personal data processing carried out by Lancel is governed by the French Data Protection Act, which incorporates the RGPD.
A) On what legal basis can we process your data
- For the processing of your data, we rely on legal grounds that depend on how you interact with our Site;
- When you purchase products from our Site, we need your personal information to fulfill the contract with you. For example, we need your contact details to deliver your order;
- We also rely on other legal grounds such as your legitimate interests. For example, we consider it in your interest that our customer service staff have access to your order information to better serve you, that we can better understand your use of our Site to improve its usability and the services we offer you.
B) What are the conditions for the validity of your consent
When your consent is required to process your personal data, such as for geolocation or e-mail marketing purposes, or to use your device ID for advertising purposes when you visit our sites, your consent must be freely expressed in a clear and unambiguous manner. This is why, when you agree to receive our communications (via newsletters in particular):
- We explain how we will use your data and the type of communication you will receive;
- You must tick a box to validate your consent to be a subscriber;
- Minors under 16 years of age may only validly give their consent with the confirmation of the agreement of their legal representative;
- You may withdraw your consent at any time. In the event that you wish to unsubscribe from our email offers, you can at any time click on the link at the bottom of each email "To unsubscribe, go to this page. "A page will then open and you just have to click on the "validate your unsubscription" button. If you have a customer account on our Site, you can also unsubscribe or change your preferences by logging into your profile. You can also unsubscribe at any time by writing to email@example.com or to the postal address: Service Client - Lancel 50 rue Ampère - 75017 Paris France
Cookies (including those in advertising banners) require a specific unsubscribe.
You have several options to delete and manage cookies and other tracking devices:
- Browser settings
If most browsers are set by default and accept the installation of cookies, you have the option, if you wish, to choose to accept all cookies, to reject them systematically or to choose those you accept according to their issuer. You can also regularly delete cookies from your device via your browser. However, don't forget to configure all the browsers of your various terminals (tablets, smartphones, computers...).
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences. As an example:
- for Internet Explorer™ : https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies ;
- for Safari™ : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/safari ;
- for Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647;
- for Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies ;
- for Opera™ : https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies .
- Opposition modules provided by third-party cookie senders
You can choose to disable some third-party cookies by going directly to the sender's page. Thus:
- to disable Google Analytics cookies, go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr
- Opposition platforms
Several platforms of advertising professionals also offer you the possibility to refuse or accept cookies used by their member companies. These centralized mechanisms do not block the display of ads but only prevent the installation of cookies to adapt ads to your interests. For example, you can go to www.youronlinechoices.com to prevent these cookies from being installed on your device.
This site is offered by digital advertising professionals working within the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France. You will be able to find out which companies are registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting the cookies used by these companies to adapt the ads that may be displayed on your device to your browsing information: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/ .
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals and provides a centralized interface for you to refuse or accept cookies that can be used to adapt the ads that can be displayed on your device to your device's navigation.
E) Your other rights
In accordance with the Applicable Regulations, you have the right to access, rectify, modify, delete, limit the processing, opposition and portability of your personal data:
- Right of access: to offer you the opportunity to receive a copy of the personal information we have about you;
- Right to rectification: to give you the opportunity to request the correction of inaccurate information about yourself;
- Right to limit processing: give you the possibility to limit the processing of your data by Lancel in accordance with the Applicable Regulations;
- Right to portability: to allow you to receive on an electronic medium a copy of the personal information we hold about you, under the conditions provided for by the Applicable Regulations;
- Right of opposition: to allow you to object to the processing of your data in accordance with the Applicable Regulations;
- Right to delete your personal data: to give you the opportunity to ask us to delete your data.
If you have a customer account, you can also change your personal details from your customer area by logging in with your email address and password.
You also have the right to define guidelines for the fate of your data after your death.
Regardless of the purpose or legal basis under which we process your data, you can therefore send us an e-mail at any time and at no cost to benefit from your rights at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send us a letter to the following address: Lancel Customer Service 50 Ampere Street - 75017 Paris France
Please note, however, that we are not always able to respond to this request for legal reasons. If so, we will inform you of the reasons why the rights you exercise cannot be satisfied in whole or in part.
We will endeavour to find a satisfactory solution to ensure compliance with the Applicable Regulations. If you believe that Lancel has failed to comply with its legal obligations, you, or an association mandated for this purpose, have the opportunity to file a complaint with the CNIL or the supervisory authority of the European Union Member State in which you are ordinarily resident.
V. Security of your personal information
In the case of an account creation, you have chosen a password. You are responsible for the confidentiality of this password. That is why we recommend that you choose an effective password and not share it.
We recommend that you connect only to secure networks, preferably private networks. Be aware of the risks involved on public wifi networks.
If you receive an email on behalf of Lancel asking you to provide sensitive personal information (banking, privacy, etc.), please do not reply and forward this email to us so that we can take the necessary action.
Our service providers are established within the European Economic Area (EEA) and are subject to the Applicable Regulations. In the event that some of them are located outside the EEA, the transfer of your data will be governed by appropriate protective measures, in accordance with the Applicable Regulations. We have signed contractual clauses with each of them in order to comply with the Applicable Regulations.
VI. The storage time of your personal data
We will keep your data for as long as you remain a customer but also afterwards, in order to answer any questions, complaints, or to maintain all the data necessary to meet legal, accounting or analytical requirements. We may also keep your data for research or statistical analysis. More specifically, as part of a subscription to our newsletter, we will not contact you again if you have not opened our newsletters for more than three years.
Data relating to the newsletter, mailing, sms or phoning
3 years from the last contact with the customer or prospect
Audience measurement and personalization of the Site, management of cookies and other tracking devices
13 months from the deposit of the cookie or other tracer
Information relating to the transaction carried out by credit card
These data are not stored beyond the payment
Les informations relatives aux commandes d’achat
10 years from the date of purchase
The data we process in the context of solicitations and promotional operations, sending offers and news
3 years from the end of the relationship with the client or from the last interaction initiated by the client
Data relating to the management of requests for the exercise of rights and questions on personal data
3 years from the last interaction initiated by the customer
Information relating to the management of interactions with customer service
3 years from the last interaction initiated by the customer
Last update: 13/09/2019
La Maison LANCEL